TEAM COACHING AND FACILITATION
Philip has developed his practice in team coaching since 2006, working with teams of between six and sixteen individuals. He also facilitates and co-facilitates meetings of teams and larger groups, often at offsites. Much of this work has come about through working with team leaders as individual coaching clients, and then working with the team, rather than the individual, as a client. The objectives and contracting part of the assignment will be undertaken with the team leader.
Typical themes covered in team offsites include:
- Articulating and agreeing team purpose
- Building trust among team members
- Engaging in constructive debate around goals and objectives
- Setting out an appropriate team structure and role definitions
- Developing an action plan around specific issues
- Strategic planning
Facilitation of larger groups will tend to be more structured, and Philip will involve the group leader and possibly other colleagues in some detailed planning at an early stage to understand the objectives and put into place some pre-offsite work. Particular attention will be paid to desired outcomes and practical follow-up.